What Our Clients Have to Say
Posted by: Elizabeth Diamond
- We love Dr. Freedman and we have total confidence in his care. Dr. Freedman is one of those doctors with so much knowledge, skill, and experience that he makes it look easy; one gets the impression that he diagnoses based on instinct. On top of all that, he has great compassion for our cat. Thanks again!
Posted by: Rachel Dawes
- I was very pleased with Dr. Haynes. She was so sweet and accommodating to me and my two kitties.
Posted by: Kate Parnin
- My dog does not do well around other dogs, and the staff was very accommodating and helped to make sure the lobby was clear for me to bring my dog in, and got us straight into a room. I also appreciate how much time the vet and vet tech spent with me in the room. I had questions about a nutritional supplement, and Dr. Long researched it for me after my appointment and emailed me more information, which I greatly appreciated.
Posted by: Pam and Andy Holden
- Always a pleasure! Richard is a dear friend who we have been going to with our dogs for over 20 years….he saved the life of our Casey, detecting osteosarcoma very early; Casey became the longest living canine in Virginia with that diagnosis…..staff are wonderful! Thank you so much! We look forward to seeing you soon! Andy and Pam Holden
Posted by: Peg Gilliland
- We love Albemarle Vet and everyone who works there! THE VERY BEST!
Posted by: Cindy and Harrison Turnbull
- Morgan and Dr. Freedman were very attentive to Huntley with extra pats since he’d been through a rough experience from the fire at Pampered Pets.
Posted by: Michael Spencer
- Dr. Freedman and his staff are the bomb point on all the time
Posted by: Wayde Jennings
- Attentive and caring service for my pet.
Posted by: Shelley Duncan
- Excellent customer service, very professional and friendly. Very pleased with the facility on first visit.
Posted by: Frank Pilk
- Long drive, but Grady is treated so well.
Posted by: Elissa and Carl Montalbano
- Front desk was exceptional and so was everyone else 👍🏼
Posted by: Lori & Donny Robey
- All I can say is YALL ROCK! Dr. Freedman love you so much and you are the BEST. LOVE the “candle” I saw at check out for those who are there to have there pets put to sleep-what an awesome idea and thing to do-so thoughtful-Cherish thank you for taking care of us “ALL” while we were there, Amy nice to see you and Vanessa Welcome Aboard 🙂 love you girls!
Posted by: Susan Tortora
- Dr Freedman is excellent with his expertise and kindness towards my Sophie.
Posted by: Leslie Chisholm
- Becky was WONDERFUL! She explained the suggested tests/vaccines clearly and simply and didn’t push me into services Sunny didn’t need. Her customer service was excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed talking with her. Please tell her I said so; I didn’t get the chance to thank her in person.
Posted by: Whitney and Alexander Bangley
- Thanks for the toy to occupy my loud and dramatic boy! 😉
Posted by: Bill & Carolyn Wagoner
- Very professional service.
Posted by: Robert & Sybil Martino
- I LOVED the fact that I could drop off Bentley for an appointment and come back later to pick him up. This was very convenient since it is too hot to leave dogs in car while doing other errands. We come to Cville about once a week to do grocery shopping, etc. so this came in very handy. GREAT IDEA! Wish I’d known about it earlier. ;o)
Posted by: Ken & Susan Musi
- Everyone is a joy to work with there.
Posted by: E J Johnston
- Becky is the best!! And I rely on Dr. Haynes to keep Izzy on track!! Thanks so much for your professionalism and TLC in your treatment of Izzy and Gracie.
Posted by: Anthony Rodrigues
- Dr. Haynes and team were fabulous during our visit with Elsie
Posted by: Brenda and Sol McCauley
- I have nothing but great things to say about Tequila and my vist. I have been a customer for over 35 years and my experience past 100 percent. Thank each and everyone for your kindness love of animals. You are the best. Brenda McCauley
Posted by: Thea and Scott Medvetz
- Very nice friendly folks. Very thorough exam. Highly recommend.
Posted by: Elizabeth and Tim Waterbury
- I really appreciate going over the expected charges ahead of time, and having choices on timing. I also like being checked out in the room—- it’s lower stress on the dogs. Thanks guys!
Posted by: Manuel Rivera
- Great!!!! Maximus loved his first visit and I was surprised how well behaved he was with the doctor and Dr.Haynes was perfect could not have asked for a better experience.
Posted by: Linda Underwood
- I would go no where else unless recommended by AVHCC !
Posted by: Andy & Sheryl Lawson
- Everyone always greets us so warmly. The level of care and attention we receive is top notch. It is obvious that the individuals at Albemarle Veterinary Health Care Center truly enjoy working with and helping animals. It brings us great comfort to know we are in the hands of a dedicated and caring team.
Posted by: Steven & Judith Wasserman
- Dr. Freedman & Aimee Miller gave Livia the very best of care. We appreciate you all so very much!
Posted by: Kristin Kelly
- I am a new client of the practice. Dr. Freedman took the time to not only get to know Louie, his history of trauma, and specific questions about his current problem, but he asked about me, as well. Very personable. A follow up phone call the next day for suggestions of how I could feel more a part of the CVille community, was over and beyond. I think I’ve found Louie and Molly’s new doctor and maybe even a new friend for me. :o)
Posted by: Michelle Gunzelman
- Love that the techs get on the floor to make my dogs at ease.
Posted by: Pam Phipps
- Great staff!!!
Posted by: Virginia and Sonny Payne
- Great place to go for my little Alli
Posted by: Cindy and Stanley Durtan
- We felt that Lovey was welcomed and well cared for, thank you!
Posted by: Erika Gennari
- The vet tech who cleaned out Phoebe’s ear was outstanding- calm, thorough, and reassuring. Phoebe’s ear is much better already, and I credit her with this improvement.
Posted by: Carolyn and John Miller
- We have been using Albemarle Veterinary Health Care Center and Dr. Freedman for nearly 30 years. They have cared for our three German Shepherds. They have always provided excellent care to our dogs and been supportive of us when we have gone through health problems for the dogs. There are no improvements to recommend, just keep up the excellent work.
Posted by: Reba and Gordon Jones
- I am very pleased and happy with them. They are wonderful and caring. I cannot say enough for the way they care for my puppies they both have had surgeries which turned out perfect. They are the Best
Posted by: Elizabeth Diamond
- We love Dr. Freedman. He is patient and immensely knowledgeable. He explains complex medical conditions without talking down to us. His tone is reassuring; he is so experienced that he makes it look easy! He does not perform diagnostic tests unless, according to his intuition (highly developed and always accurate) it is absolutely necessary. In our case, he completed a full exam of our cat’s inner ear, but only because we insisted. We were thrilled to learn we have nothing to worry about. We have total confidence in Dr. Freedman and his care of our kitty.
Posted by: William and Doris Vaught
- We, my wife and I were very happy with the service we received and looking forward to bringing Max in soon for him to be fixed also. The entire staff was great!
Posted by: Elizabeth and Charles Cope
- As someone who has visited many vet clinics around the country I can say this practice is exceptional! On our first visit to the Albemarle Veterinary Health Care Center my dog and I were greeted warmly and treated with the utmost respect and kindness by Dr. Freedman and all of the staff members. Dr. Freedman took a great deal of time talking with me and examining my dog to gain a thorough understanding of the situation. His immense knowledge and expertise were apparent and led to a good diagnosis and treatment plan which were all carefully explained to me. My dog who is very intuitive and reserved when meeting someone new seemed to fall in love with Dr. Freedman upon first sight, and he was incredibly gentle and loving to her. I left the office feeling very positive, grateful and hopeful.
Posted by: Pam Phipps
- EXCELLENT VETERINARY OFFICE! Whole staff goes above and beyond ! Merry Christmas too all love Pam and Lucy!
Posted by: Sarah and Joe Warner
- I am new to the Charlottesville area and was recommended to Albemarle Veterinary Health Center by a neighbor. She raved about them so I thought I would give them a try. I’m so glad I did! Dr. Farah Haynes and her assistant Morgan were both so friendly and knowledgeable. I have an Australian Cattle dog that is very fearful and can be nippy when frightened. This made me nervous about starting with a new vet. However, they were both so kind and patient with her. Dr. Haynes took a lot of time to get to know my dog, Willow, so she could help me address some areas of concern. The entire process was enjoyable from start to finish. Super friendly staff at the front desk as well! I left feeling relieved that I had found a great new Veterinary Center for my dog.
Posted by: Andre Stroman
- We absolutely love the Doctor and the staff at Albemarle Vet. They took care of first boxer Sasha when she was here. They all are so sweet and kind to us everytime we have have an appointment. They greet our little Kelahni with so much love. She enjoys her visits as well. Thank you so much for being a special part of our family. Much love, Fred and Andre
Posted by: Cynthia Kinnier
- Abbey came in for her yearly check up and vaccines for life program that Ablemarle Veterinary Health Care has. She was also having terrible allergies as she usually does at this time of year.. They were very understanding in working with me in my budget to help Abbey!
Posted by: Julie Bragg
- Zeba says thank you Dr Feedman….and thank you to Emily A and Cherish……..see you again in 6 months
Posted by: Amber Campos
- I highly recommend this vet! They are always so welcoming and wonderful with my pup who tends to be a little excited and very active! They are accommodating and very knowledgeable. I trust them to take care of my pet as if it were their own!
Posted by: Brenda and Gregory Stephens
- We are very pleased with the services you provide at your facility. One thing I wish you did was house our babies when we a place for them when we go out-of -town because your staff is so caring and loves our babies as if they were their own…
Posted by: Lisa Devine
Comments: Cherish– Thank you so very much for helping us with getting Bosco’s updated microchip information faxed to Home Again on our last visit. I called today and confirmed that our information is now his contact info. It FINALLY feels like he is truly OURS! You are the best! We appreciate all you, Dr. Freedman, Ashleigh and Aimee and the rest of the wonderful staff at Albemarle Veterinary Health Care Center do for us every time we visit.
Sincerely, Lisa, Vince and Bosco Devine (Buster, Biscuit and Bella too)
Posted By : Anne Shelton
Posted : 6/3/2014
Comments : I recently acquired a very young kitten to wean until he could be adopted. Dr. Nortmann was very helpful and supportive in answering all my questions and conquering an early eye infection (the kitten was two weeks old at the time of the vet visit). The entire staff at Albemarle was very supportive and held a genuine love for animals. Though I don’t currently own a pet of my own, I have recommended several friends to Albemarle and will continue to do so.
Posted By : Vince & Lisa Devine
Posted : 12/11/2013
Comments : We drive 180 miles round trip to see Dr. Freedman although there are many veterinarians near us. He simply is the best around. He has performed double knee surgeries on one of our dogs using the most current methods, he has performed surgery on our other dog and finally treated our oldest dog who had bladder cancer with the most current chemotherapy treatments which extended his life from 3-6 mo, to 6-10 months–which we are very grateful. Everything that is said about him and this staff in other comments is absolutely true.
Posted By : Jennifer Hogg & Tom Packett
Posted : 10/6/2012
Comments : When we moved to Charlottesville in 1999 with our 10 month old Boston Terrier, we found Dr. Freedman’s office because it was physically close to our new home. Over the 13 years that we have been with Dr. Freedman and Albemarle Veterinary Hospital, we have become emotionally close to Dr. Freedman and his staff. Each staff member cares about your pet and you. Dr. Freedman is professional, knowledgeable and kind. When our dog presented with extreme symptoms and Dr. Freedman was not completely sure of a diagnosis, he worked diligently to find the experts and consult them. As a result, we were able to enjoy almost three more years with our beloved pet. We highly recommend Dr. Freedman to anyone who asks about veterinary care in Charlottesville.
Posted By : Linda Harrison
Posted : 8/13/2012
Comments : Dr. Freedman has treated our Golden Retriever, Katie, since she was four months old. Katie is now 10, and she loves the care she gets at Albemarle Veterinary Health Care Center. Dr. Freedman has always been wonderful to her and to us, her guardians!
Posted By : Dee Parsons
Posted : 11/10/2010
Comments : I found Dr. Freedman’s office through a search on the internet. Our 6 year old Chocolate Lab, Peyton was suddenly paralyzed in her rear quarters and the local vet was unable to find the cause. Within 15 minutes of arriving at Dr. Freedman’s office, he told us that she had suffered a FCE (fibrocartilaginous embolism) most likely from an injury to her pelvic bone two years earlier. He spent two days with her, developed a plan of rehab, and sent her home with a plan for recovery. Peyton is a complete dog again! We are so lucky to have the access to such to a competent and caring vet. I must also say that the cost of treatment was very competitive. My husband and I remain grateful to Dr. Freedman and his staff. The 1.5 hour drive each way was well worth it!